Tuesday, April 29, 2014

American 1950 Diner

I've heard a lot about this restaurant called 

"American 1950 Diner"

from my friends, but never had the chance to go since it is in Florence. That's why during my holidays in Florence i was super curious to get there!


The place is designed as a 50's American little fastfood/restaurant, one of those i've seen in movies with cute waitress wearing little dresses and roller-skates (i'm not sure if it is the right word) and waiters wearing some kind of sailor uniform! So cool!!!

(pictures stolen from my super picssnapper friend)
American 1950 Diner

American Diner waitress
(super obvious censure of woman's face)



Let's move onto the food!

American diner menu
stylish menus

American diner milkshake
Milkshake
Loved the whipped cream but the actual milkshake was a bit favourless

nachos from American Diner
Nachos
Delicious sauces!!! yumyum

Burgers from American Diner
different kinds of huge hamburgers
It all comes in this little chest, so americanish!! We all chose different types of burgers so we could see the variety! There's also an intruder hotdog.

Bismarck hamburger
bismarck hamburger
This is my burger! I love fried eggs with raw yolk, so i chose this! To tell the truth i was a bit disappointed, looks super yummy but tastes like nothing. I guess it would have been better if in addition it had some special sauce.


Overall i like this place because it has some special atmosphere in it, but don't like the food so much, or at least the burgers! My cousin Jessica actually told me that she usually orders beef and other stuff and those are quite good!

We also chose the wrong day to go there since it was Easter Monday  and it was SO FULL of people. The staff were also half the original number and the waitresses were crazingly running on those rollers, i can't even imagine how many times i'd fall with them! So i don't really feel like complaining about the service. I totally understand as on weekend i work as a waitress as well!

I wanted to take more pictures with the cool location, it also has an old car inside, but really, too many people! Supercrazy


Cath shower inspired
Hellou people!
The girl behind me is Jessica, my cousin and bff haha Super weird face in here maybe i shouldn't have post it. She'll kill me. Well i guess you'll see better pictures of her in future 


4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute!! The nachos and milkshakes look so good! I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those huge hamburgeeers *q* looks so deliciousssssss <3<3


    My blog <3
    thewandererspad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they look so, but are not XD

      Delete